Friday, May 31, 2019

Book Review: The 'Real' American Diet by Kevin C. Alston

The 'Real' American Diet

by Kevin C. Alston, Sr.
Memoir/Nonfiction

This book is a culmination of the author’s life, but mainly the past 10 years, where personal tragedies have led him to discover more about the correlation with food, nutrition & the diseases of today, & how it affects us all.

This program is an experiment of sorts, with the author using himself as the guinea pig, with positive results having been discovered, & hopefully, in time, even bigger positive results yet to come.

Between our government & Big Business, we, the people, are already involved in an experiment.  It’s like a big laboratory.  With all of the harmful toxins that are allowed in our air, food, &  water, diseases are at epidemic-like levels, & the author, for one, would like to know if there is more to this than is being told to us. It speaks volumes when other nations refuse to accept grains & meats from us, or at least it does to the author.

Most of the ailments we suffer from today emanate from our guts, & our poor diets keep the sickness-wheels turning, costing each of us millions of dollars, a whole lot of heartache, pain, & suffering.  It’s time to make a change, & that change started with the author’s experiment on himself.
My Thoughts....
The first thing I thought of as I was reading The 'Real' American Diet is you are what you eat. I am the worse example of a good eater. Yesterday, Easter marshmallow chicks. Cake. Donuts. Soon, my stomach started rumbling. It didn't surprise me; I knew I'd pay for it later. But let me tell you about The 'Real' American Diet and what I learned by reading it.

So the author does an experiment for two years - eating only things that were known to be good for him and he swears it's made him feel years younger. I can believe it seriously. He explains the four steps he took and I won't give them away but they're super easy. I'm a couch potato but these steps were like common sense and I knew they would work. Ohhh I have to mention - the chart that lists different fruits and vegetables and the protection they provide was really eye-opening. While this was a short read, I walked away with the initiative to try these 4 steps and watch as my body recovers from being a couch potato. I'll let you know if it works for me, but I know it's going to be a drastic improvement. I thank Mr. Alston for writing this informative book!


No comments:

Post a Comment