Friday, August 14, 2020

Book Review: A Whiskered Perspective by M.G. Spear

A Whiskered Perspective

by M.G. Spear
Fiction
Meet the cutest new black kitty in fiction, Pumpkin!

Like cats? Relationships? Then A Whiskered Perspective is for you.

Relationships are hard, but they are worth the effort. You should try your best, no matter what, to work things out, right? Not always.

Miller thinks she has found love but her cat, Pumpkin, tells a darker story. Not all love is equal, even if you desperately want it to be.

It’s a different take on relationship turmoil and the power of a connection between a cat and his human.
Why I Wanted To Read...

Hey, it's about cats!

My Thoughts on the Book Cover... 

Reminds me of a cat friend I used to have.

What I Loved... 

This cat, Pumpkin, has to be the smartest cat alive.

What I Didn't Like.. 

I wanted to shake the woman and tell her to open up her eyes to these bad relationships!

My Thoughts.... 

Cute, but sad in some parts, story about a woman and her cat - it takes the reader through the various relationships the woman has while trying to find Mr. Right. I wanted to feel sorry for the woman but she had some kind of neurosis about being by herself going on. One by one, the woman's relationships bite the dust and what I wanted to do was shake her to get some sense into her. However throughout all these relationships, there was the cat, Pumpkin, who, after all was said and done, saves the woman from losing it completely.

The woman - Miller - is a strong character but in real life she'd be a very weak woman probably because of her upbringing (the mother is particularly wretched in my opinion). Spear knew how to bring out the flaws that's for sure. Pumpkin, in my book, is the hero.

A word of warning - the ending is going to blow you away.

I enjoyed reading A Whiskered Perspective because as the title implies, the feline perspective is often the best perspective!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment