Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Book Review: If They Can't Kiss Right by Shannon Yingst


IF THEY CAN'T KISS RIGHT: SURVIVING ONLINE DATING
by Shannon Yingst
Creative Nonfiction

Online dating: the new way of life. It seems like the only logical way to meet people anymore. The rest of our lives are on the internet, so why not our love lives too? Because if you wait for your friends to set you up, you’ll only be disappointed with their choice of Roger from accounting, the epitome of mouth breathing, booger-eating morons.

Fortunately, there are no Rogers from accounting in this tale. There are, however, many other bad choices. But along the way, I learned what I want, and what I don’t want in a relationship. I learned good qualities to seek and bad qualities to leave behind. I also learned a lot about myself in the process, too. The biggest gain I got from my foray into online dating, though? Writing this book and passing along some of the life lessons I discovered through a painful trial-and-error process.

If you think your dating life is bad, take a gander at mine. Relive the awkward moments, soak in the unnecessary drama, and don’t forget to learn a thing or two. Men and women alike will be able to read this and take home solid dating advice for the future.

Laugh. Learn. Love. Question why some humans are so insane. Maybe even see yourself in some of the pages. But above all, take to heart all the things I figured out along the way. It’ll save you the heartache and trouble. Trust me.

 
This whimsical collection of poetic life lessons is sure to inspire 
Why I Wanted To Read...

Curiosity killed the cat, right?

My Thoughts on the Book Cover... 

Attractive cover. Love the way the heart shaped lollipop is broken - gives you an idea of what's inside.

What I Loved... 

What I loved overall about this book is to be able to read about things that happen to people when they are dating online that I usually don't have privy to...like spying kinda sorta.

What I Didn't Like. 

It's not that I didn't like it per se, but I found after reading this book that men give humans a bad name!

My Thoughts... 

I really enjoyed reading this book and frankly, I didn't want it to end. Is that what dating online human men is like? Meowzers! I liked how the author gave these men names like Eager Beaver, Gnarly, and Banana Bread. So the author goes through different sexual exchanges with these guys and I have to admit they were downright hilarious. Not that I presume all online dating is going to end up like this, but it gives a pretty good picture of the whole scheme of things. Humans have it rough that's all I gotta say about that. You would think though that out of all these dates, just one would have been a keeper. Maybe the author is showing us is what can happen from her point of view. It kind of makes me want to stay away from online dating not that that would be a possibility for me since I'm a cat but hey I can read and write reviews so why not?  

I so enjoyed reading If They Can't Kiss Right and giving it my blue paw print of approval!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment