Monday, May 10, 2021

Book Review: Catnip, Toilet Paper, and Lasers by M.G. Rorai


CATNIP, TOILET PAPER, AND LASERS

by M.G. Rorai
Poetry
 

This purrfectly hilarious cat poem collection while bring back wonderful memories of your feline friends and have you busting with laughter. 9 out of 10 cats recommend this book; the 10th one was Grumpy Cat.

Why I Wanted To Read...

Well, not only am I a cat, but I was curious to find out if the author had any catnip to spare.

My Thoughts on the Book Cover... 

Reminds me of Big Tom. Big Tom used to roam my neighborhood. I would watch him out of the window of the library. He just stopped coming around one day. I miss Big Tom. Big Tom had that same smirkish grin when he caught me spying on him from the library window. 

What I Loved... 

This book took me back in time. You know we have nine lives right? For some odd reason I could really connect to each of the cats mentioned. And so what I loved was there were poems from the cat's perspective which is pretty cool.

What I Didn't Like.. 

Poor Tiger - he gets leash walked! I tried that one day. Just one day. We were walking along the sidewalk and I just couldn't take it anymore. And I lost it. My mom ended up in the emergency room.

My Thoughts.... 

Really awesome book. Love poetry anyway but told from a cat's perspective it's even better. Poor Tiger though! Annie is an outside cat which I envy. In a way. I miss prowling. Maybe I should riot enough so that they let me out but I know that's not going to happen. Socks sounds like someone to share a few beers with. Hobbes is a mouse chaser and I'm over that but he would be awfully fun to watch. I'm in love with Elsa. She's a down to earth kinda cat but she's going to get into a lot of trouble jumping on that stove - she could get her paws burned that way. Sam is another outside cat and I envy him because as I mentioned with Annie I would love to be outside on my own just once more! Callie is one of those stray cats or used to be so she's got a world of wisdom inside that brain of hers. And there's Fatty. I have a brother who is fat. He's good for nothing except laying on his back and wanting belly rubs. I say he needs to lay off the nibbles but if he's happy, he's happy. I hope I didn't miss anyone. Again, truly awesome book!

I so enjoyed reading Catnip, Toilet Paper, and Lasers and give it my blue paw print of approval!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment